Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Microsoft Speaks Up On Green Initiatives

Robert Bernard, Microsoft's Chief Environmental Strategist, discussed Microsoft's green strategy last week, CNET news.com reports. While other IT companies have launched large public "green IT" initiatives, Microsoft has remained fairly quiet.

Bernard addressed the issue during a session at the Cleantech Forum in San Francisco, and indicated that reducing the energy consumption of software is one of his primary objectives. However, as only 3-5% of energy consumption comes from software, Microsoft is also looking to work with its hardware partners to address the other 95%.

Speaking to investors and entrepreneurs, Bernard said that a software infrastructure to integrate their inventions into existing energy networks needs to be created.

Click here to read more.

No comments: