Monday, June 2, 2008

A sustainable conference (in every way)

One would expect a conference about sustainable marketing to be full of sustainability options and strategies itself. For example, upon registration for Sustainable Brands 2008, each attendee had an option to purchase an offset for their travel to and from Monterey.

Now that I’m here, I can see to what great extent sustainability permeates the entire event. Almost everything here is biodegradable, recyclable, organic or offset. Some examples:

What’s struck me the most – if I had experienced all of this at any other conference – I probably wouldn’t have noticed it was eco-friendly. There’s no reason more of our industry get-togethers can’t be like this.

This afternoon offered some great pre-conference content, and things kick off in earnest tonight with speakers from the California Environmental Protection Agency, Clean Fish and others.

No comments: